Counselling is where you can tell your story in the presence of someone who is trained in the Art of Listening. It is grounded in confidentiality, respect, equality and trust.
I believe in the healing power of you telling your story, of being heard and seen, of knowing that what you say matters. In these unsettling times I consider it to be even more important to understand our anxieties and have opportunities to express them.
I offer short and long term counselling for adults in a safe and reflective space, where you don’t have to struggle with your difficulties on your own. Together we can explore what is going on for you. I can help you gain awareness, discover choices, heal and learn how to empower yourself. I facilitate this process as I listen and observe empathically, describe and reflect with care.
During the present COVID-19 outbreak I offer support through face to face, telephone and online counselling.
I use methods from different therapeutic disciplines to suit your specific needs. I especially use methods which encourage whole brain thinking and experiencing with the body, rather than over-relying on logic.
There is no charge for an initial phone conversation. Subsequent sessions are charged at a rate of £50 per 50 minute session.
I can help you with:
- Anxiety: My heart is racing. My breath is shallow.
- Stress: I feel overloaded.
- Depression: I have no energy. I lost motivation. The black dog that sits on me.
- Trauma: I do not feel safe anymore.
- Loss and Grief: Someone or something I had is gone. It has left an emptiness that hurts.
- Stuck-ness: I am trying hard to find a solution, but I keep going around in circles.
- Confusion: My head is in a muddle. I need time and space to think.
- Overwhelm: I cannot cope.
- Self-esteem: I am not good enough
- Shame: I am unlovable. I am a mistake.
- Loneliness: I feel separate. I do not fit in. There is no one I can talk to. No one understands me.